Accused of a Felony In Brazoria County, TX?
Brazoria County felony lawyers Tad Nelson & Amber Spurlock are among the most experienced and able of the criminal lawyers who make up the criminal defense bar in Texas.
If you’re represented by our legal team you can expect the Law Offices of Tad Nelson & Associates to be on your side throughout the entire coarse of the process if you’re facing prosecution for a felonious crime in the state of Texas.
A Review of Texas Felony Designation
In Texas, there are different classifications of felony charges based on a number of factors which may include the severity of the crime, or the history/”habitual patterns” of the defendant.
The list below provides an overview of felony classification in the state of Texas.
- Capital Felony: Punishable by Death Penalty or Life Imprisonment
- First Degree Felony: Punishable by Life Imprisonment and/or a 5-99 Prison Sentence, Fine up to 10,000.00
- Second Degree Felony: Punishable by a prison sentence of 2-20 Years, Fine up to 10,000.00
- Third Degree Felony: Punishable by a prison sentence of 2-10 Years, Fine up to 10,000.00
- State Jail Felony: Punishable by a prison sentence of 180 Days to 2 Years, Fine up to 10,000.00
Examples of Felony Offenses
- Murder, Attempted Murder.
- Drug Crimes: Habitual Drug Offenders/Drug Traffickers/Drug Dealers.
- Possession of Large Quantities of a Controlled Substance(s).
- All Sex Crimes with the exception of some prostitution/promotion of prostitution offenses.
- Habitual DWI Offenders and/or DWI cases resulting in injury/death.
- Major theft offenses, including burglary & robbery.
- Serious Assault Charges.
Contact a Criminal Defense Lawyer for Help
Need legal representation? Feel free to contact The Law Offices of Tad Nelson & Associates immediately at 281-280-0100 or 409-765-5614 if you need to talk with a lawyer, have questions about the law as it relates to a particular case, or you want to sit down and discuss your case with battle-tested criminal defense attorneys Tad Nelson & Amber Spurlock.